Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tighten it Another Notch

Illustrated blog is coming up! However, this afternoon I wanted to bless you all with some wonderful news: I've lost weight. 7lbs, thank you very much. The girls in the office noticed before my scale did, but I thought that was just because they thought my outfit was ugly. I usually pull the "you look so...skinny" card when I catch myself staring at a hideous fashion choice.

But no, they were right (and, it turns out, they love my clothes). Upon request, I'm sharing my little diet secrets. 'Secrets' might not be the right word, since I'm pretty much thinking them up as I write this. Follow closely and you too can join me in nodding a head to the "did you lose weight?" question.

  1. I'm a firm believer in olive oil. The benefits to my skin and happiness far outweigh the warnings about weight gain. I don't want to be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it prevents cellulite too. Fight fat with fat. A light drizzle on baby spinach or occasional dip with french bread is absolutely sinful. And super romantic. Now I want Alice Fazooli's. Which brings me to my next secret.

  2. Give in to one craving a day. Mine usually start around 20 minutes after breakfast. I will concentrate on only one though, so that by the time lunch comes around, I'm bee-lining to the grocery store to satiate myself. And the relief of eating it is enough to make me blissfully content all day.

  3. Vitamins! I can't promote them enough to people. I never used to take them, but ever since my January resolution to stay healthy, I realized they really do make a difference. Muliti-vtiamin, Stress-Ease (perfect for the office life) Multi, then an additional B6 and D. It kills any craving for junk foods as well.

  4. Booze. Drink lots. A glass of red comforts me more than any plate of cheesy fries ever had. Every girl needs a vice. Ask anyone on the runway.

  5. I eat out a lot. I'm aware that this is diet suicide. Screw it. Enjoying burns way more calories than Limiting, and I'm sticking to that. Also, I follow a simple rule. One thing on the plate can be gorgeous to your mouth; be it either the steak, the risotto, or the buttered mashed potatoes, but make sure everything else is diet-friendly. Get the salad as the side, or a chicken breast as the protein. And always have a vegetable on the plate.
That's it. Now back to our regular blog sequences.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yayaya! Thanks hun you're the best :)

Blondie said...

No problem, but you don't need to lose weight. And I'm not just saying that because your shirt today looks terrible.

Anonymous said...

!! come on, you LOVE this shirt! ;)