Friday, May 20, 2011

Savasana











Sometimes the easiest pose of yoga is the hardest to accomplish.

I'm having trouble letting go of control - and for those who know me, this is no surprise. The Savasana pose is all about letting go. Letting go of love, stress, thoughts, hopes, expectations; whatever is stuck in your heart and head that accrued over the day. Surrender.

How do I surrender things that I hold so tightly to? How do I do it without someone to lean on, to validate my existence? How do I do it when I'm still concerned about little things, too afraid to touch the big problems? How do I surrender moments, people, that were once so important to me?

The meditation is never long enough, or maybe it's too long. Maybe I'm getting closer, but it's so hard to tell. It's at once frustrating and relaxing, and my head fights with my heart while I wonder what's wrong with me.

Waiting for my heart to soften, my head to be still, and self-love to come back in waves. I will keep you posted. I hear it's a journey. And it's one that I'm going to make on my own.

2 comments:

Sandra J. said...

Power to the woman! I heard you're sad from Cathy. Don't know what the probelm is, but i know it will be fine. You are loved. You are a good person. You are giving and generous and kind.
If ANYONE tried to tell you any different, give them my number. I will tell them the story of how you saved my life.
Keep being who you are. There is NOTHING WRONG with you. Any man is LUCKY to have you in his life.
And if it's not a man, then have faith that things will turn out.

Blondie said...

I love you, Sandrahhhh ;)